Wednesday, April 24, 2013

"Leprechaun" Bird

Photo taken March 8, 2013 at Detroit Zoo's Aviary Sanctuary
Nikon D90, 300mm f5.6, 1/1600 at ISO 3200
----------
Let me first say I'm not a huge fan of posting tons of photos from zoos, because to me, it seems like "cheating"...BUT, don't get me wrong, I LOVE to photograph any animal, anywhere! This won't hold me back from posting photos from Zoos though...I still will post a few here and there! Anyways...this little guy is called a Hooded Pitta. Its common in eastern and southeastern Asia and they reach about 16-19 cm in length! And of course I nicknamed him the Leprechaun Bird because of his color! 
----------
I photographed him at the Detroit Zoo's Aviary Sanctuary, which in my opinion is SO awesome! They have tons of foreign birds flying all over the place in a huge, indoor, nature-looking area. Its filled with many many trees, ponds, mini waterfalls, and of course birds from all over the world! If you are in the area, visit the Detroit Zoo!
----------

"Leprechaun" Bird

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home